Please click here to download the application form
- All beekeepers taking part in the congress have the right to join the contest except the jury members and commercial brands.
- Beekeepers who want to send their honey by cargo should fill the entry form that they can find in congress web site and attach the form to the cargo.
- Entry form should be filled completely.
- Entries should be in Turkish or English.
- All honey samples should be in three separate and colorless Jars.
- Each jar should contain honey between 460 and 500 grams.
- Jars should be safe and have easily removable lids. Jars shouldn’t have any labels, marking, etc.
- All honey samples should have been produced in 2016.
- Entries for participants end on October 20, 2016 at 17.00.
- Evaluation of competition ends on October 31, 2016 at 17.00.
- Honey samples of the competition will be exhibited in the congress center for 4 days.
- Winners will be announced during the opening ceremony competition commission and will be awarded in Closing Ceremony.
- Winners will be announced in international web sites.
- Honey samples will be evaluated in accordance with Codex Standard for Honey which has been published in 2011 as 2001/110/EC
- The honey samples will primarily be evaluated sensorial / visually.
- Jars should be at participants’ will. Jar conditions are part of the evaluation. Honey in poor and old Jars will not be received for consideration.
- Criteria for sensorial/visual analysis:
- Texture and viscosity
- Cleanness of the package
- C4 sugar rate
- Sugar profile
- pH and free acidity
- HMF (Hydroxymethyl Furfural)
- Antibiotic analysis
A- Unifloral Honey
B- Polifloral Honey
C- Honeydew Honey (Thyme, Pine, heather, chestnut, linden, locust, orange blossom, etc)
- Domestic participants should send honey samples in three separate and colorless jars with the entry form by prepaid cargo. The samples should arrive until October 15, 2016.
Muğla İli Arı Yetiştiricileri Birliği
Muslihittin mah. Cemal Karamuğla Sok.
No: 100 Merkez/ Muğla